Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Weather or not?

It really doesn’t know what to do at the moment. It goes from bright blue skies to overcast and rain. We have to do our chores by the weather. That is the only planning tool we have.
We are getting some good growth from our veggies and have had the most succulent little fave (broad beans) which we eat with pieces of sheeps’ cheese called Pecorino. Simply divine. We have given some to friends who were very pleased.

Cats’ orgy-fest

The bloody cats are at it again. Bonking all over the place. We did contact our comune some months ago about having them sterilised. Apparently in this part of Italy at least, the comune will arrange for semi-feral cats to be neutered as long as you agree to look after them. Well that’s fine and dandy as long as they do arrange it. But along with many things, it all takes a bit of time. Meanwhile of course some of the older cats have been having litters when they could have been spayed a while ago.  
I got so fed up with the noise the other morning that I got up and let Bertie out at about 5:30 with the intention of him running round the house putting the bloody males off their amorous – no, that’s far too good a term, savage is better -  attacks. Not a peep from him. I think he must have paid them to watch ot something equally perverse. The noise went on and we had yet another interrupted nights sleep. La D does not take too kindly to being poorly slept. I can vouch for that.

Windy dogs

Yesterday we had some good friends over for lunch. They are the couple that own Bert’s sister Jess (she is in fact coming to stay with us for a few days while they go to Northern Cyprus and nipping over to Istanbul for the F1GP).
We were having a lovely light meal outside with the dogs running round each other and playing. They soon got fed up because of the heat and came to see us. Jess decided she wanted a stretch so she stretched out her front legs as far as they would go so her chest was almost touching the ground leaving her backside in the air, and then proceeded to do an enormous fart (La D said I must change this to "break wind") right by me. Honestly. Of course the others all thought it was highly amusing and started blaming me. What a cheek – excuse the pun.

Our parkland

I have decided that this year I will keep the third level of the estate cut. Last year I left it and then cut it once in late Autumn. Big mistake. Took me days to do it. So this year I am trying the opposite. It takes about 3 to 4 hours twice a month at the moment, which is OK and because it is predominantly up and down hill, good for my medical emergency status – I’m a diabetic you know.
So I took a couple of pics after it had been cut the other day. Looks rather good I think.










Countdown

Only about a week before the granddaughter arrives on the scene. I spoke to my son last night who informed me that his wife looks as though she is actually going to explode any minute now. Ooh, I do hope not.
Will keep you posted.

A quick pic of Bert keeping guard

Ciao, mantenere la fede

No comments: